Lemon and paprika terakihi
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 3 medium-sized potatoes, peeled, cubed
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 4 x 130-150g tarakihi fillets
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 lemon, zest
- 4 cups frozen vegetables
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat spread
- lemon wedges, to serve
Total fat 8g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 10g
1 Place potatoes in a large microwave-proof bowl. Cover with water and a lid then cook in microwave on full power for 6 minutes. Remove lid and add peas. Cook for 3-4 more minutes until potatoes are tender. Drain and set aside to cool.
2 Take 4 squares of baking paper and place a fish fillet onto each. Sprinkle paprika and lemon zest evenly over each fillet and top each fish with 1 cup frozen vegetables. Place in a microwave-proof dish.
3 Roll baking paper over fish and tuck in ends to form a parcel. With a sharp knife make 6-8 holes in the top of paper parcel.
4 Place in microwave and cook for 3-4 minutes until fish is thoroughly cooked and vegetables are steamed through.
5 Mash potatoes and peas with spread. Divide among 4 plates and top with fish and vegetables. Garnish with lemon wedge and serve with some low-fat dressing if preferred.
Microwave cooking tips
- Always check cooking dishes are suitable for use in the microwave. Pyrex works well.
- Testing dishes for microwave cooking: Place a glass of water and the dish to test in the microwave. Cook on full power for 30 seconds to 1 minute. Remove the dish and glass from microwave. Test the water with your finger. Warm water and a cool dish means the dish will be safe for microwave use. Cool water and a warm or hot dish mean that the dish is not suitable for the microwave.
- Have oven gloves ready to handle dishes after microwaving.
- Stand food for a few minutes before removing from microwave to avoid any steam and spitting.
- Getting rid of odours: Place 1-2 lemon slices in microwave in a small bowl of water. Heat on full power for 1 minute then leave in microwave for 5 minutes to allow odours to be absorbed into the water.