Lentil and ginger stew
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 1/2 cups brown rice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 2 x 400g cans lentils, drained, rinsed
- 2 cups salt-reduced vegetable stock*
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- large handful baby spinach
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriandercilantroX
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 17g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 8g
1 Cook rice following packet directions. Meanwhile, heat oil in a large pan. Add onion and carrots and cook for 10 minutes to soften slightly. Add ginger and lentils. Cook for 1-2 minutes then add stock and coconut milk. Cover and bring to the boil.
2 Remove half the mixture and use a stick blender or food processor to blend. Return blended mixture to pan then stir in spinach. Divide among four bowls and scatter over almonds and coriander. Serve.
- Add crushed garlic to the pan with the ginger.
- Replace coconut milk with the same quantity of trim milk and add an extra spoonful of sliced almonds.