Time to make: 30 mins
( Hands-on time: 20 mins )
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 x 400g cans four-bean mix
- 4 pita breads or flat breads
- 125g mild salsa
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat cheese
- 1/2 medium avocado, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh coriandercilantroX
Total fat 22g
Saturated fat 8g
Dietary fibre 13g
1 Preheat oven to 240°C. Warm 2 baking trays in oven.
2 Heat oil in a saucepan over a medium-high heat. Cook onion for 5 minutes, or until softened. Add cherry tomatoes and beans. Simmer for 5 minutes, or until tomatoes are softened.
3 Meanwhile, top pizza bases with salsa and 1/3 cup cheese. Top with bean mixture and remaining cheese. Place on prepared trays and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until bases are crisp and cheese melts. Top with avocado and coriander. Cut each pizza in quarters to serve.
Make it gluten free: Use gluten-free bread and a gluten-free variety of salsa dip.