Perfect pesto capsicums
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 1 cup gluten-free risoni
- 4 large red or yellow capsicums
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped mushrooms
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto*
- 3/4 cup freshly grated reduced-fat grated cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme or parsley
- olive oil spray
- *NOTE: Ingredients with an asterisk (*) indicate that although this ingredient is usually gluten-free, it's wise to check the label to be sure as product ingredients can vary and formulations can change.
Total fat 21g
Saturated fat 10g
Dietary fibre 4g
1 Cook risoni following packet directions until al dente. Drain. Set aside.
2 Preheat oven to 180°C. Cut tops off capsicums and set aside for lids. Trim capsicum insides.
3 Heat oil in a pan over a medium heat. Cook mushrooms, onion and garlic until softened. Stir in pesto. Mix well. Add mushroom mix, cheese and herbs to risoni. Season to taste. Mix well.
4 Spoon filling into capsicums. Top with lids. Place in an ovenproof dish sprayed with oil. Pour 5 tablespoons of boiling water into bottom of dish. Bake for 30 minutes or until capsicums are soft.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..