Butter lettuce, pea and feta salad
Time to make: 5 mins
Total cost: $ 12.92 / $ 3.23 per serve
(at time of publication)
Nutrition Info.(per serve)
- 200g (total) snow peas and/or sugar snap peas
- 3/4 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1 butter lettuce
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- handful of croutons or bagel crisps, roughly crushed (optional)
- 1/3 cup unsweetened plain yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
Total fat 6g
Saturated fat 2g
Dietary fibre 6g
1 Fill a bowl with cold water and ice. Bring a pot of water to a rapid boil then add all peas and cook for 1 minute. Drain and plunge into ice-cold water to cool right down to help peas retain their bright-green colour and crispness.
2 Arrange lettuce leaves on serving platter. Top with peas. Crumble over feta and croutons (if using).
3 Whisk together yoghurt and mayonnaise until smooth and creamy then drizzle over salad just before serving.
Hanu de Jong
Read more about this chef..